Limited Scope Representation is a beneficial arrangement for clients who wish their attorney to perform only some of the duties required for their case, while the client performs the other duties.
Limited Scope agreements are unique to each client, crafted to the client’s needs and desires. An initial consultation is required to assess your needs, discuss the various options, and to ensure the client is fully aware of the depth of responsibility they are accepting.
Some of the services you can retain the Law Office of Melissa A. Atteberry to perform include:
- Legal advice, office visits, telephone calls, fax, mail and electronic mail
- Advice about the availability of alternative means to resolve the dispute, including mediation and arbitration.
- Evaluation of the client’s self-diagnosis of the case and advice about the client’s legal rights.
- Guidance and procedural information for filing or serving documents.
- Review of correspondence and court documents.
- Preparation of documents and/or suggestions concerning documents to be prepared.
- Factual investigation: contact of witnesses, searches of public records.
- Legal research and analysis.
- Discovery: interrogatories, depositions, requests for document production.
- Planning for negotiations or court appearances, including role-playing with the client.
- Backup and troubleshooting during the trial
- Referrals to other counsel, experts or professionals
- Counseling and/or procedural help for an appeal and/or substantive legal argumentation.
- Preventive planning and/or legal checkups
Things the Law Office of Melissa A. Atteberry shall 'not' do in a Limited Scope arrangement.
- Represent, speak for, appear for or sign papers on the client’s behalf.
- Make decisions for the client.
- Provide any services not specifically requested and agreed to.
If you feel Limited Scope Representation may be an appropriate option for your case, please call our office to schedule your initial consultation today.